Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The only way.....

The only way out of a storm is to go through it.

I read this on another blog this morning and it resonated with me, right down to my heart.

This comment was from a blog talking about the horrendous tornadoes that went through one of the states in the last couple of days.....

But....I thought it could apply to my life.

Don and I had a wonderful night away last Friday .....dinner with some good friends, then the next day travelling further north to experience an afternoon cruise on a very old boat.....it was cool and breezy but peaceful as it chugged around a large inlet and we oohed and aahed over the million dollar 'cottages'.....then a very long drive back home...back home to our life with our three young adults....and a phone message...

The message was from a Constable in our city's police force.....our daughter was missing .....again.....you see when your child lives at a shelter, and they( your child) decide, for whatever stupid reason, not to come back that night or even call...the staff inform the police.....and because this daughter chooses to be with a violent, unstable man....who,also is the father of her unborn child....they also call the police, just in case he's beat her up again......

By the time I called the police back, they told me the report had been rescinded, that she was found......at another shelter cause the first shelter wouldn't let her back.....and justifiably so.

Yesterday I picked her up at the second shelter to take her for her second midwife appointment.....when I refused to pick up the sperm donor, she became hysterical and tried to leave the van.....I caved....not for her sake but for the health of my unborn grand child .....my daughter has made her choices, granted she acts like a text book case of an abused woman, but no one can help her until she wants the help to stay away from this guy....but, the baby...the baby is the innocent in all of this....so, I picked him up.....the creep took his time coming out and even though she said he was ready and waiting, it took him twenty minutes.

We went to the midwife, the appointment went well, the ride home was something else......I sat driving and listening to them talk behind me, until I heard his explosive temper erupt ......I gripped the steering wheel and clenched my jaw until it hurt, while I listened to him spew forth his anger at something she had done wrong....something that he perceived she should have done differently because she wasn't focused on their plan.

My normal thinking would have stopped the van and put this guys butt to the curb, but a cooler head prevailed and I said nothing.....I played out the scenario in my head that if I had done that, he would have taken her too, then when they eventually got back to his place that he would take his 'anxiety' as he called it...out on her.....he could also prevent her from contacting me again, so, for the baby's sake.....I stayed quiet.

It was the storm....this whole situation is the storm....and unfortunately the only way out of it, seems to go through it.....

I will admit though that, I have a son whom we don't see very often, but I knew that if he was aware of this punk with the 'anxiety' problem , that he could make short work of this guy and we wouldn't have to worry about him again....I know, not the way we're supposed to think, but I do admit to the thot niggling away in the back of my brain....just sittin' there....

.....but for now, we'll just keep pushing through the storm....what else can we do.


~ Marie

No comments: