Friday, February 27, 2015

A Megan Moment

Maya and Megan take a number of pills each morning with their breakfast....Megan takes six and Maya takes at least ten......

This is Megan's pink container that she refills every weekend, for the following week.....



It sits in the glassed door cupboard, over the buffet. Megan has had this system going for a few years now and is quite comfortable with it....she doesn't always fill the little compartments properly but she always picks up on that on the day she takes those pills.

Since Maya started taking a lot of pills......vitamins and supplements...they have been kept in a container in another cupboard.....



I thot..maya should have a container also and it would save her getting all these bottles and containers out everyday....so I did.....I got her a little bit larger, purple container....





In the picture you also see Ben's lonely prescription bottle of the pills he takes every morning....

So......the first day that maya put her new container in the cupboard, Megan spied it immediately thru the glass door cupboard......she of course, assumed it was a container for her....I explained that no, it was Maya's......'but, I need a new container...I think mines beginning to come apart', she says....'not true, I said...yours' is just fine.....'

(Megan did the same thing a couple of months ago when I got Maya a new pair of boots, and all of a sudden, Megan's boots, which were just purchased last year, were 'falling apart'....actually, the extra tab attached to the zipper tab....in other words there were two tabs on the zipper....well one had come off....I explained I wasn't getting new boots for her because of that!) she could still easily zipper the boots closed!

So, now a little jealousy has sprung up over maya getting a little pill container....oi vey....

That night , before she went to bed...Megan expressed the confusion she was feeling over the two containers.....I was puzzled....one was pink and one was obviously purple....what could possibly be the problem..but she insisted that she would surely get confused the next morning and take the wrong container....and perhaps even taking the wrong pills....this went on for a number of minutes and in my exasperation, I said Fine! And put Maya's container on another shelf! That seemed to satisfy her.

The next day I was in cleaning mode and cleaned off the buffet, below the cupboard....when I glanced up, I really didn't like seeing Maya's container displayed thru the glass so, I put it back on the shelf with the other two.

This morning Don decided to tease her a bit....questioning about her pill container....she assured him that all was well because she put HER container on the upper shelf, and she no longer had any confusion!

Sigh.....

No comments: